Only ripping intro screen

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
marsh5102

Only ripping intro screen

Post by marsh5102 »

Im trying to rip a dvd to save to my computer but its only ripping the film's opening screen (publishing company logo) and then it stops. Are my settings wrong or how do I get past this. It shows its going to rip the whole thing when it starts but then just quits a few seconds in. Im new to handbrake so thanks for any advice
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Well, if its a commercial dvd I would suspect advanced copy protection is the issue.

Quite possibly some zero cells at the beginning which are tripping up Handbrake.

I am going to move this over to the Support Forum as there are many posts there addressing this. Start at the stickys at the top.

Please also give more info in terms of what dvd you are talking about and what platform you are on ie. Mac, Linux, Windows.
scottdburnett

Early fail

Post by scottdburnett »

I've had this occur three times now. I'm using MediaFork on a Mac.
Also tried Handbrake with each failure and received equal results (of course).
:(
The titles were DaVinci Code, Stranger than Fiction, and one other I can't recall.
Seems like Sony Pictures might be a common thread.
Also tried Visual Hub once; no luck there.
I'll have to give MTR and DVD2OneX a try.
baggss

Re: Early fail

Post by baggss »

scottdburnett wrote:I've had this occur three times now. I'm using MediaFork on a Mac.
Also tried Handbrake with each failure and received equal results (of course).
:(
The titles were DaVinci Code, Stranger than Fiction, and one other I can't recall.
Seems like Sony Pictures might be a common thread.
Also tried Visual Hub once; no luck there.
I'll have to give MTR and DVD2OneX a try.
Which is why they are on the Zero cell List.. Did you even look at it?