Only finds one title...

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
treaves

Only finds one title...

Post by treaves »

Hey. New user here. When I open my DVD with the 0.8beta, only one title is found. And it's 31 seconds long. Why would all titles be found?
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

Handbrake has problems with certain DVDs and cannot find all the titles. Run the VIDEO_TS folder through dvdoneX (movie only, remove zero cells if there) or rip with MTR 3.0 14r using 'Main Feature Extraction'.
baggss

Post by baggss »

If there are no Zero Cells, MTR 2.6.6 (the current released version) should work fine.
treaves

Post by treaves »

These DVD's are maybe five years old. There must be zero cells, as the current version of MTR does not work. If I rip individual programs (there are five 30 minute programs per DVD) with DVD2oneX, then I can encode those VIDEO_TS folders fine.

Won't know about MTR until I can get a 3.0 or 3.0 beta version.
baggss

Post by baggss »

Zero Cells are relatively new, so I doubt you would find them on 5 year old DVDs. Did DTOX find any? What does MTR 2.66 tell you?
treaves

Post by treaves »

Sorry, don't know what DTOX is.

As far as MTR 2.66, how would I know? Is there a dialog that would show that info? MTR rips them to HD fine. But even those ripped folders exhibit the behavior I describe.

I tried every program I could find for the Mac, commercial (with a trial version) or otherwise. Some couldn't handle the VOB's, and others did wierd things (like rip 2.5 hours - the correct times worth - but they were repeated segments).

If I use DVD2oneX, it shows just one title, and if I rip that, I get just one segment. I have to drill down in the left display, and select titles there (why title is used in two different places is confusing, but it is).

As you can tell, I'm no expert at this.

thanks.
baggss

Post by baggss »

If there were Zero Cells, MTR would give you an error after the rip was done. DTOX = DVD2OneX. When you used MTR, did you select "Main Title Extraction" under the second tab or just rip the whole Video_TS folder?

This just sounds like a quirky DVD set.
treaves

Post by treaves »

I'll double check. It'll be Friday before I get home and can check though.