Apple TV doesn't recognize the Chapter Markers.

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
shanewarne99

Apple TV doesn't recognize the Chapter Markers.

Post by shanewarne99 »

I have ripped 40 Music DVD's using the Apple TV Preset and the Output File ".m4v". I imported these into iTunes and iTunes plays the chapters fine but the apple TV dosent reconise the chapters. Help Please. I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find an answer. The files where origionally .mp4 but I changed the extension and re synced the Apple TV but that dosent seem to work either :( ....

Greatly Appreciate your Help guys

Shane
dynaflash
Veteran User

Re: Apple TV doesn't recognize the Chapter Markers.

Post by dynaflash »

I can verify the the atv recognizes HandBrakes Chapter markers using the .m4v extension.
For a test, maybe try doing a quick 2 chapter encode with chapter markers on and using the .m4v extension then transferring it to your atv. Realize that the atv doesnt have a chapter marker dropdown like quicktime player does. It will just jump to the next chapter when you click the right arrow button on the remote and the chapter name/number will show up above the progress bar.
blazo

Re: Apple TV doesn't recognize the Chapter Markers.

Post by blazo »

I had similar problem with Media Player Classic not showing chapters but the appleTV was able to show (use) them. iTunes also showed chapter marks.
I used appleTV preset and encoded files to .mp4 I also changed to 2 pass encoding wit 2000 kbps. Audio was 96kbps downmixed to DPLII, with subtitles hardcoded.