How do you encode dvd's without the directors comentary?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Roadkill5697

How do you encode dvd's without the directors comentary?

Post by Roadkill5697 »

I'm new and i put in a dvd and ripped it but it came out the directors comentary and not the full movie.:cry:

How do i get it to rip the movie instead of the directors comentary??
Yoescher

Post by Yoescher »

Hey Roadkill,
I am having the same problem. Have you figured anything out?
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

In the audio tab, you will likely see a couple of tracks under Language One for your language. Usually the one in 5.1 is the regular audio track while the one in 2.0 is the Directors Commentary. Make sure you have the right language track selected.
Diat®ibal¹

Post by Diat®ibal¹ »

Yeah, I've had this too. Very simple to resolve though...

You'll have to "backup" the DVD to your computers hard drive using DVD Shrink and de-select the audio tracks that you don't want (I'm almost 100% that the 1st audio track will be the one with the commentary, so select the other English audio track which will most likely be 5.1 sound)

OR

I noticed on the windows version of Handbrake there is a "Audio Channel" field under the Audio tab, you could try putting the corresponding number of the audio track (check the DVD) in here.

Do a test with a shortened version of the movie (again, use DVD Shrink) so you don't end up encoding the full thing only to find you've got the wrong audio track! You only need a few seconds of dialogue from the movie to know wheteher you've got it right or not! :wink: