Cann't find main feature title.

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
slkapust

Cann't find main feature title.

Post by slkapust »

Trying to rip the 40-Year-Old Version and MF cannot find title 1 (the main feature). It rips fine with MTR, but I don't how to convert it into a format that will play on my iPod and or iTunes.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Make sure you check the title drop down. Title 1 is usually the main feature, but not necessarily. Check the list of available titles in the title drop down and see if there is one that looks to be the same length as the feauture.
slkapust

Post by slkapust »

none of the other titles are long enough. The list starts at title #2.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

So, did you try to use the MTR output files with MediaFork/HandBrake or did you try to go stright off the disk. And, does anyone know if that title has zero cells or not ? If so, they need to be removed with an app like Dvd2oneX.

Other than that, I dont know why it wouldnt pick up the main feature.
slkapust

Post by slkapust »

I tried both. I used latest MTR but MF could use to MTR output files? I'm very confused...probaly because i'm doing something wrong, but don't know what it is.
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

You need to make a VIDEO_TS folder with only one title. Use DVDoneX (Movie Only) like dynaflash said or MTR beta (Main Feature Extraction) if you already have that. MTR beta will remove zero cells automactically if they are there and is faster then ripping the entire disk and then using DVDoneX.

Some DVDs seem to confuse MF/HB as to what is a valid title even when those titles don't have zero cells.
slkapust

Post by slkapust »

Do I have to use the main feature extraction or can I use title-chapter extraction with MTR beta to work with MF?
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

What MTR beta version do you have?

Only 'Main Feature Extraction' and 'Full Disc Extraction' produce a valid VIDEO_TS folder, not title/chapter extraction. Title/chapter extraction will produce one VOB file (at least it did in MTR 3.0 13r).
slkapust

Post by slkapust »

I'm using MTR 3.0-R14c.

I think that you may have solved my problem. I was trying to use title-chapter extraction. I'm currently using main feature extraction. Going to take a little while... Will let you know what happens.

Thanks for your help!
slkapust

Post by slkapust »

Well, I used full disc extraction and selected the video_ts folder in MF. The same thing happened as when I selected the disc to read. It shows that there are 24 title to chose from, but 2-23 are the only ones I can select. More help PLEASE.
slkapust

Post by slkapust »

I got it to work. Even with MTR 3.0 I had to use DVD2oneX.
baggss

Post by baggss »

Ok, so that is the second movie I have seen MTR 3 r14 does not seem work on.
Last edited by baggss on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
slkapust

Post by slkapust »

Ok. I got the movie to play on iTunes and everything else. Looks and sounds great except that the sound is now about a second early. I looks like an old dubbed Chinese action flick. Any ideas?

I never had to deselect empty cells on this movie...
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

baggss wrote:Ok, so that is the second movie I have seen MTR 3 r14 does not seem work on.
He did a 'Full disc extraction', if he had done a 'Main Feature Extraction' like I said it would of worked.

What other DVD did MTR 3 r14 not work on?
slkapust

Post by slkapust »

Sorry. I did in fact use main feature extraction. I just wrote it wrongjavascript:emoticon(':oops:') And the sound seams to be working. My cumputer was just lagging or something.
All is well!

Thanks again for the advice.