Stable

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mealexforum

Stable

Post by mealexforum »

I want this ripping program to be stable. When running other applications, the MediaFork I realized, rips video in lower quality. I wish it could rip that same quality even if I run other applications.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: Stable

Post by jbrjake »

mealexforum wrote:I want this ripping program to be stable. When running other applications, the MediaFork I realized, rips video in lower quality. I wish it could rip that same quality even if I run other applications.
It should rip the same quality when you're running other applications, just take longer because you're using the CPU for other purposes.
baggss

Re: Stable

Post by baggss »

mealexforum wrote:I want this ripping program to be stable. When running other applications, the MediaFork I realized, rips video in lower quality. I wish it could rip that same quality even if I run other applications.
What are the "other" Applications? Everything uses CPU power and has to share it. If you see a marked slow down you either need a better computer (or to tweak your CPU settings) or to use less CPU intensive applications.
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

There are absolutely no circumstances I can envision where excessive CPU activity will affect rip quality, only rip speed.

Rodney