.sfl2 file format / structure?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
AlanTheBeast12

.sfl2 file format / structure?

Post by AlanTheBeast12 »

Is there a description of the "fr.handbrake.handbrake.sfl2" file?

I wrote a program to transfer complete 'brakes to external drives once the 'brake was done. This used the file under ~/Libraries/Program Support which used the filename of the video file processed. By examining this for the line "libhb: work result = 0" the program would know the 'brake was done and I could transfer the files to the external drives and erase the on computer files (orig and new). These files are no longer made that I can see.

This changed to using a file: "fr.handbrake.handbrake.sfl2" which is binary with some legible fields like filenames, but it's not clear how the progress/status is encoded. I look at it now and I see file names that were processed yesterday (and the program was quit since then) as well as the current queue.

What I can't discern is the progress or that a brake is complete. Indeed knowing that the 'brake on a particular file is complete is all I need to set off the transfer.

Thanks.
AlanTheBeast12

Re: .sfl2 file format / structure?

Post by AlanTheBeast12 »

<follow up>

I see that I can set a log file to be o/p to the destination folder.
So I'll see if I can determine the status from there after current job competes.
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

HandBrake can launch a program each time an encode is done, you can set it in the preferences.
AlanTheBeast12

Post by AlanTheBeast12 »

Thx, I'll still do it my way for various reasons (I sometimes queue up a lot of vids and the destination sub folders are controlled by user input for each file so tend to wait for a bunch to accumulate and then run the program and dispatch the files...).
The status file now appears (by setting) in the same folder as the result, that's fine and the last line of the .txt file uses the same "'libhb: work result = 0" so that will be good enough for my needs.