Which Most Recent Version Of HB Can I Run On An Older Mac?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
bobo98

Which Most Recent Version Of HB Can I Run On An Older Mac?

Post by bobo98 »

I have a 2007 Mac (iMac7,1) that came with Leopard OS.
I recently upgraded to Yosemite 10.10
The 24” iMac has a 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
Speed is 2.8 GHz
Memory is 2 GB

The version of Handbrake I’m running on it is 0.10.1x86_64 and I may have added that version by merely dragging and dropping the app from an ext. hd after I did the Yosemite upgrade, as when I try to do an update via the ‘check for updates’ option, I receive the “Update Error! An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later” message.
Since the Yosemite upgrade a few months ago, HB seems a little slower.

I am not even hinting at getting any kind of support of that antiquated version of HB.

I am however only seeking help choosing the newest version of HB my 2007 iMac running Yosemite can run.

I tried to figure it out myself via the https://handbrake.fr/old.php page, but this computer novice is lost.

I would appreciate it if someone could possibly copy and paste the link, or, tell me which version and which option to choose from in that version…ie.GUI exe, GUI zip, flatpak, zip etc.

I have been using HandBrake since 2007.
As long as I know which is the latest version for that Mac, I can go ahead with my custom presets like I do on my more recent Macs.

Thank you in advance.
bobo98

Re: Which Most Recent Version Of HB Can I Run On An Older Mac?

Post by bobo98 »

Thanks Ritsuka.

I'll go on my other Mac and download it.