1.4.1 downloadable for Mac or not?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
tuckerdognc

1.4.1 downloadable for Mac or not?

Post by tuckerdognc »

Description of problem or question:

The application launches fine but ...

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

Every time I close the application, I have to check "program is a downloadable app. Okay?" And it launches online. I also cannot use it offline. I've been using handbrake for many years.... so that's my question, is this now only available working online/

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Currently, 10.14.6 but was planning on going to Catalina soon. Which is why I downloaded this version as it's 64 bit.

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: 1.4.1 downloadable for Mac or not?

Post by s55 »

Did you actually install HandBrake by copying the app to the applications folder?

If your running it from within the DMG bundle file, that may explain the notice.

There is no concept of offline vs online in HandBrake. It's a desktop app and no internet connection is required.

The method of Installing HandBrake hasn't changed. Please see https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/get ... stall.html and select (Mac) at the top. You can see the Installing on mac section.
tuckerdognc

Post by tuckerdognc »

I thought I've done this. I've rebooted. If I'm running it from within the DMB bundle file it's not on purpose. Yes, I dragged the Handbrake.app to the apps. I installed as it states.
tuckerdognc

Post by tuckerdognc »

I was going to submit some screen captures, but this is way above my pay grade. I don't code. I dragged them here anyway in case they actually show up.

The App is under my Apps. The DMG launches every time. I get the little icon that looks like a drive.
I can work offline but I have to launch from Disk Utility. /Users/gsj2009/Desktop/Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 7.50.19 PMEDT.png
/Users/gsj2009/Desktop/Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 7.46.45 PMEDT.png
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

Then it means you are launching it from the DMG. Unmount the dmg, delete the dmg, and launch HandBrake by double clicking the app inside your Applications folder.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

tuckerdognc wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:50 pm I thought I've done this. I've rebooted. If I'm running it from within the DMB bundle file it's not on purpose. Yes, I dragged the Handbrake.app to the apps.
Looks like somehow only a shortcut got created. Not sure how that happened. Either that or you have a Dock icon for HandBrake that actually refderences the DMG and not the HandBrake.app that was copied to applications.