Automatic Start?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Daskarzine

Automatic Start?

Post by Daskarzine »

Description of problem or question:

Hi - this seems to be simple, but I can't work it out for the life of me! How do I drop a file on Handbrake and have it automatically start converting based on the conversion preset in place?

So I have a file in a folder - I drag it to the Handbrake icon in the dock (I actually have Handbrake do that for me....) - I just want it to automatically start!

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

When I drop the file on Handbrake, it's all ready to go, but needs me to press Start, to actually start! What am I missing to get the app to automatically start processing?

Also if I drop another file while it's converting,I would like this to automatically go in the processing queue, is that possible?

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Version 1.3.3 (2020061300)

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Mac 11.4

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
Daskarzine

Re: Automatic Start?

Post by Daskarzine »

I was hoping someone could answer this pone!

I use Hazel and can get her to push the file automatically to Handbrake, but how do I get Handbrake to automatically start the conversion? When the file gets pushed to Handbrake, it sits there waiting for me to manually press 'run'

Is there any way of getting Hazel to start a conversion automatically on dropping a file to it?

Thanks!