How to place the Activity Log

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
BenBrum

How to place the Activity Log

Post by BenBrum »

Description of problem or question:

I am a newbie and struggling with placing an Activity Log in this forum.
I started a Pastebin account, created a new paste and put the contents of my Activity Log in this paste. And then I got stuck. How to get this in my activity log required field?

How can I link this new created paste (in Pastebin) into my Handbrake Activity log? English is not my mother tongue so I might overlook something.

I would highly appreciate suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

latest beta version

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Mac catalina

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)
It is not quite clear to me what is meant here

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
brown7

Re: How to place the Activity Log

Post by brown7 »

You can access the current log by opening the Activity Log window in HandBrake.

On Mac, logs are stored at the following locations, where Username is your user name:

/Users/Username/Library/Containers/fr.handbrake.HandBrake/Data/Library/Application Support/HandBrake/EncodeLogs for HandBrake 1.3.0 and later, sandboxed nightly/snapshot builds, and sandboxed personal builds
/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/HandBrake/EncodeLogs for HandBrake 1.2.2 and earlier, older non-sandboxed nightly/snapshot builds, and non-sandboxed personal builds
brown7

Re: How to place the Activity Log

Post by brown7 »

brown7 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:27 pm You can access the current log by opening the Activity Log window in HandBrake.

On Mac, logs are stored at the following locations, where mylowes Username is your user name:
/Users/Username/Library/Containers/fr.handbrake.HandBrake/Data/Library/Application Support/HandBrake/EncodeLogs for HandBrake 1.3.0 and later, sandboxed nightly/snapshot mykohlscharge
builds and sandboxed personal builds
/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/HandBrake/EncodeLogs for HandBrake 1.2.2 and earlier, older non-sandboxed nightly/snapshot builds, and non-sandboxed personal builds
I hope this had helped you with your problem.