Batch process not working

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
yorkshirekid

Batch process not working

Post by yorkshirekid »

Description of problem or question:
I cannot add more than one video

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
I have read on the net that there should be an option to choose a folder in HB. I do not see that option.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

I have the latest version

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Latest macOS

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Batch process not working

Post by Woodstock »

When you open handbrake, there are two options, "Open a folder", and "Open a file". Opening a folder will give you a selection box of titles in that folder.

Before you try a batch add, though, make sure you have properly configured your automatic file naming in Preferences->Output files, or you may end up with every encode overwriting the last one, because it has the same name.
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

There isn't a "Open a folder" option, just a folder and press open. The same way you open a file.
yorkshirekid

Post by yorkshirekid »

Yes, already figured that out, thanks. BUT...... as I said, I can only add one video at a time to the list. So here is what I do:
1 start HB
2 search for a single video or a folder. I find the folder and click Open
3 all video are loaded and if I click Title I can see them all there, with the top one ready to go.
4 set the vieo preset to what I need
5 click Start Queue and a single video is transcoded.
THATS IT...................................
All the other videos are still in the list but NOT in a queue. So, start again......
1 - 4 repeat
5 click the Add to Queue icon and I am told there is already a film in the queue and asked if I want to overwrite that. No I do not, I want to add to the queue so I can batch convert. so the icon is confusing as it does not do as it is titled.
6 so, click the title button again and then click theb second film in the list. Reat for all the films in the list. If you have 50 films then you need to click 50 times. Sigh....
7 each time I do this I can see the number grow under the Queue icon. Not the Add to Queue icon, but the Queue icon to the right hand side of the window.
8 once done, lick the start button and the batch process begins as it should.
But the point is, I can't add them all in one go - so what am I doing wrong?
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

File -> Add titles to queue… or customise the toolbar and add the "Add titles to queue" item.
yorkshirekid

Post by yorkshirekid »

Ok that did it thanks, Ritsuka.

Open Source> Add Titles to queue> Add all titles to queue.

I customised the toolbar first - didn't know I could do that.

Many thanks all.
LuisC

Post by LuisC »

thanks!
I was longing for this batch implementation, too .
Now I see the light :) It's a game-changer to compress 80 clips in one go instead of drag & drop each one.
So> Open Source > select folder
then > Mac menu bar > File > Add Titels to Queue >
or customize tool bar > drag icon "Add Titels to Queue" > select Add All Titels to Queue
p_alex_r

Post by p_alex_r »

for what it's worth guys, you can also simply drag a file or folder from Finder into the main Handbrake window and avoid the 'Open Source' menu