How is 1.3.3

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
trepie53

How is 1.3.3

Post by trepie53 »

Hi. I was wondering, has 1.3.3 fixed the issues with files not being named properly on my media server, and has the speed of transcode been improved?
Thanks!

I did try searching the archive, but no luck.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: How is 1.3.3

Post by rollin_eng »

HB does not name files incorrectly as far as I know and no encoding speed has not improved much but that really depends on settings and which version you are comparing it to.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Are you referring to the issues with the Twonkly DNLA server? If so, then no, that's not a HandBrake issue. It's a server issue so that's something 3rd party vendor needs to resolve.
trepie53

Post by trepie53 »

Yes! Referring to Twonky! Maybe it's a server issue, but I'm using Handbrake 1.2.2 and no issues with tags with that version. On my old computer, with an older version, encoding was much faster. Now it takes longer to encode than the actual video.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

1.2.2 files do indeed behave fine with Twonky. IT was a HandBrake change that triggered this bug to show up. Ultimately, our files are spec complaint and it's up to Twonky to read them correctly. It should not be reading track names from an Audio Track as the main title track.

Performance is about the same to 1.2.2 if you use the same settings. Noting that defaults do change version to version which can have sometimes drastic effects on performance. HandBrake by default optimises towards quality rather than speed.
Post a 1.2.2 activity log and a 1.3.3 one and we can point out some of the differences.

For example: On a high end system, an encode of a typical film could be anywhere from a few minutes to a few days depending on what settings are used.
trepie53

Post by trepie53 »

OK, thanks! Just wanted to know if I should upgrade at this time.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

That's up to you. Ultimately, 1.2.2 is no longer supported and won't receive fixes for OS updates so if you run into problems, it's a dead end for you. If it works, it's your choice to stay there.