MPEG4 - Won't open after I've ripped

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
aperlmut

MPEG4 - Won't open after I've ripped

Post by aperlmut »

I've ripped a few movies that just won't open after they are done downloading. I'm guessing this has something to do with protection.

I've picked the longest chapter to rip. I've gone through the MediaFork instructions and even done this successfully a few times. I guess what I'm after here is, when you have a MPEG4 file that will not open, what does that mean?
helixomnimedia

Re: MPEG4 - Won't open after I've ripped

Post by helixomnimedia »

aperlmut wrote:I've ripped a few movies that just won't open after they are done downloading. I'm guessing this has something to do with protection.

I've picked the longest chapter to rip. I've gone through the MediaFork instructions and even done this successfully a few times. I guess what I'm after here is, when you have a MPEG4 file that will not open, what does that mean?
I came onto here tonight to see if anyone else was having this problem.

I usually rip using the H.264 setting, but it is taking FOREVER so I've decided to give the normal MPEG-4 settings a go.
It rips, and i think it completes, it could unexpectedly quite as I'm not usually paying attention, but when i come to open the file it won't import into iTunes and when opened with Quicktime it says: Cannot play this movie.

Is this something wrong with the disc? or a bug in the MPEG-4 side?

Any help is much appreciated.
THANKS