Rip All File?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
engboy

Rip All File?

Post by engboy »

Sorry for the newbie question:

I'm trying to rip some of my son's DVDs and after looking selecting one as a source, it comes up with something like 21 five minute (episode) files.

Is there a way to just rip everything together or do I just have to select each file and have 21 separate files?

Thanks...
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

IF there is no single title containing all the video, then they need to be ripped separately .
Nonsanity

Post by Nonsanity »

If they all use the same settings, you can use the CLI version to "queue" them all at once. Once you have the right command string, make multiple copies of it in a text file, incrementing the track number and the filename. Then copy the whole lot (including a blank line at the end) and paste it into Terminal.

Of course, this requires familiarity with command line programs, which is not for the faint of skills.

The GUI makes queuing up multiple titles fairly easy.

(Personally, I use my own front end app to drive the CLI version to rip every track of the DVD automatically.)