Handbrake 1.2.2 converts very slow

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
RK_Breda
New User

Handbrake 1.2.2 converts very slow

Post by RK_Breda »

Due to a clean installation of my iMac I had to reinstall Handbrake. In this case version 1.2.2.
I don't know how to set it up. The conversion of a movie file took on average a few hours. This while I am used to a movie being converted within 10 minutes, what am I doing wrong? Like help!
dsotm52

Re: Handbrake 1.2.2 converts very slow

Post by dsotm52 »

I have found the same issue with this current version of HandBrake 1.2.2. I generally just use the preset "Fast 1080p 30". On average in the previous version 1.2.1 the time to convert was around one hour, now based on larger MKV format file sizes it takes near two hours. I'm not savvy enough to understand why this happens or what to possibly do to improve the conversion time?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

You need to provide logs for your encode. https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/hel ... y-log.html

There is no speed difference between 1.2.0 and 1.2.2. Differences would come from different settings and sources which could account for over 24 hours worth of encode time difference in some instances which is why we require encode logs to give you specifics.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

You picked different settings. Pick faster settings.

For more detailed suggestions: An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
trepie53

Post by trepie53 »

Hi. I have tried all of the suggestions. I redid my custom presets, I tried other presets. I so regret updating from the really old version. It is super slow (2 hour movie can take over 8 hours). It keep not picking any audio file (so the video ends up with no audio) - I have to select the audio track manually. And add to this the fact that steaming to my PS4, everything is called "surround". How can I reinstall the one before 1.2.2? I was much happier back then.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

You clearly haven't tried posting your activity log.