Encoding stops at 1 minute of process

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
keblen

Encoding stops at 1 minute of process

Post by keblen »

Description of problem or question:

Hi everybody,

I have a VIDEO_TS folder which i wanted to extract one title and convert it to mp4. The video lasts around 20 minutes, but the encoding process last less than 1 minute, with a video output of around 1 minute and a half. But when the process stops, no error message, instead : "Encode finished." That's all.

I tried several times, encoding always stops at the same time, and the output has always the same duration.

Does anyone know what's going on ?

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

File source information :

- mpeg2video, 720*576, 4:3, 25 fps, 7500 kbps
- ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo (Dolby Surround), 192 kbps
- VOBSUB

Encoding target : preset - Fast 576p25. I don't touch anything of the settings, I just add a subtitle track with "Forced Only" and "Burned In" enabled.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Version 1.2.0 (2018122200)

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

macOS Mojave 10.14.2 (18C54)

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

https://pastebin.com/CAFLBTUJ
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Encoding stops at 1 minute of process

Post by mduell »

Code: Select all

libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00f50000. Regions: 2 4
HB doesn't support commercial disks. Rip to a video file with a tool for that purpose, like MakeMKV, then use HB if you need further processing.
keblen

Post by keblen »

Hi,

thanks for you answer.

I already have a ripped version of my DVD, I used Ripit for that. Besides, with MakeMKV, I can only make MKV files, which is not my goal.

Since the DVD doesn't have protection anymore, Hand Brake should be able to work with it, right ? If it wouldn't work because of any protection, Hand Brake would inform me that there's an error with that, no ?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

If you think the disk has been decrypted, there is something wrong with the result - its structure seems to be corrupt.

MakeMKV can only make MKV files, true... but that's just an intermediate, if you're using handbrake.