Determine correct Track to Rip

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
kappabear

Determine correct Track to Rip

Post by kappabear »

Description of problem or question:

I'm a long time MakeMKV & Handbrake user, and I'm great at using both of them when it comes to really easy, basic rips. However, if MakeMKV shows multiple tracks, as in the instance of Incredibles 2 that I just bought for my daughter, how do I determine the correct track to rip? I've NEVER known how to figure this out, and would welcome some instructions or insights in determining this on the Mac. For instance in MakeMKV, the standard DVD shows multiple titles, each with 36 chapters, 5.7 GB and 2 different angles. Which one of these do I rip? As far as I can tell, Apple's DVD Player doesn't provide me with any useful information other.

Thanks in advance!

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Mac OS 10.14.2

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
2socks

Re: Determine correct Track to Rip

Post by 2socks »

Apples DVD Player shows you which title it’s playing.

Easier to see when it’s not in full screen mode, when the rectangular silver control panel (mimics an lcd screen) appears. You can click on Title to see the number then compare with the three that Makemkv shows. :wink:

The only difference in the 3 would be the title languages displayed at the beginning, English, Spanish and French