Handbrake Stopped Cold

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mph66
New User

Handbrake Stopped Cold

Post by mph66 »

Description of problem or question:
I'm trying to rip a DVD and its stopping on a second pass: "Encoding <MyDVDTitle.mv4, Pass 2 of 2, 0.00% and just hangs.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0): 1.1.1

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update): Mac OS 10.13.6

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

<script src="https://pastebin.com/embed_js/6SY846R4"></script>
fournine

Re: Handbrake Stopped Cold

Post by fournine »

I have exactly the same problem. I just did a clear install of Mojave, and then installed Handbrake 1.1.2
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Handbrake Stopped Cold

Post by Woodstock »

In the case of the original poster, your third-party decryption add-on is having issues reading the disk. One of the reasons the 3PL isn't supported here is that too many things cause it to fail... Like dirty disks, encryption or menu commands that aren't supported, or the fact that updating your operating system can break the linkage.

This is why using actually, designed-and-supported-for-ripping-encrypted-disks software like MakeMKV, AnyDVD, and similar are the recommended way to get video off the encrypted optical media, and onto your computer where handbrake can handle the rest.

To fournine, if it worked before, you've probably experienced the "broke by updating the operating system" problem above. Answer is the same: Use ripping software to rip disks, encoding software (like handbrake) to encode the video after it's ripped. But, that's just a guess, because you didn't provide any clues other than "it's broke", like the OP did.