How can I transfer NTSC to to a PAL file so I can then put it in FCPX to transfer to PAL DVD?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Ramroumtx
Enlightened

How can I transfer NTSC to to a PAL file so I can then put it in FCPX to transfer to PAL DVD?

Post by Ramroumtx »

How can I transfer a NTSC file to a PAL file so I can put it into final cut pro x and transfer it to a PAL DVD?

Version: 1.1.1
Activity log: https://expirebox.com/download/151e8470 ... 2e5cb.html
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: How can I transfer NTSC to to a PAL file so I can then put it in FCPX to transfer to PAL DVD?

Post by JohnAStebbins »

You can't with HandBrake. Other more advanced tools may be able to do something, but how you do it depends on what the original source material was. For example, if the original source was 24fps film, you would first convert the NTSC back to 24 fps progressive video (i.e. inverse telecine). Then slightly speed up the video and audio to 25 fps, scale to PAL resolution and interlace the frames.

If the original source material is interlaced (i.e. was shot with a video camera) it's much more difficult.
Ramroumtx
Enlightened

Re: How can I transfer NTSC to to a PAL file so I can then put it in FCPX to transfer to PAL DVD?

Post by Ramroumtx »

Oh man. This is confusing. I will try that anyways. Thank you.
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

You don't need to. NTSC DVD plays on PAL players just fine.