Encode Failed

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
lboisset

Encode Failed

Post by lboisset »

Description of problem or question:
Suddenly HandBrake have started fail with all the videos. Even videos I've previously processed. Last proper usage take place last May 5th. Then on May 21st it generates improper results (image frozen in result video) and today it directly fails with every video I tried reporting "Encode Failed"

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
Just take any video, preset "Very Fast 1080p" and hit "Start" it close to inmediatly report the error.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):
Version 1.1.0 (2018040700)

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
macOS 10.13.4

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

https://pastebin.com/hdKMprd2
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Encode Failed

Post by s55 »

The output file is not writable. Permissions problem maybe
lboisset

Post by lboisset »

Uhmmm has no sense. It’s a normal folder in documents where I was able to save previous processed videos
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Code: Select all

[21:20:20]  * destination
[21:20:20]    + /Users/luismoralesboisset/Documents/Mis Proyectos/EuropaMundo/europamundo.com/2018/academia ESP/13 Folleto personalizado.mp4/egeo.mp4
Maybe you want this instead?

Code: Select all

/Users/luismoralesboisset/Documents/Mis Proyectos/EuropaMundo/europamundo.com/2018/academia ESP/egeo.mp4
lboisset

Post by lboisset »

It's true... changing destination solves de problem. I don't understand how I manage to add to the path a filename, and mp4 really which obviously isn't a folder to open and write. I think there should be some kind of bug with the new destination path selector of 1.1.0.

I'll keep an eye to catch it.

Thanks a lot.