Handbrake agments, json conversion?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
spawnreaper

Handbrake agments, json conversion?

Post by spawnreaper »

I am trying to automate the encoding process by setup up Drop Folders app. It requests a "Handbrake agments" information that I have tried to get by exporting the "json" file and opening that up. But that does not work. Is there any way to convert the json file so drop folders can use it?

I am running the latest version of handbrake and the CLI version beside that on a Mac mini running OSX sierra

I have no handbrake logs to add. The Drop folder app just says "BEGIN ENCODEHandBrakeCLI: invalid option -- 1
unknown option (-1,
)

END ENCODE"
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Handbrake agments, json conversion?

Post by Woodstock »

There is no direct correspondence between the json and the arguments used by the handbrake command line version (CLI). You will need to construct them manually.

Note that the CLI does exactly what you tell it to do, rather than trying to adapt certain defaults to match the input file. So any files you drop in the processing folder will have to be relatively close in specification for this to work. For example, if your command line says the first audio track is to be "AAC pass through" and the file's first audio track is DTS-HD MA, your results can be "interesting".