Help! Not Encoding Full Movie

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
rent

Help! Not Encoding Full Movie

Post by rent »

Sorry if this problem has been posted before, but I can't seem to find it.
Here's my problem:
I put in my DVD and it opens a little too quick for my liking (because for previous ones it opens a lot slower). So I put all the usual settings and click Rip. Then for some reason, it goes up until 0.36% and then freezes, then suddenly speeds up and finishes. Once it's ripped the final movie comes up to be only 29 seconds long.

Nothing's wrong with the disc, it works perfectly fine on a DVD player or computer. It's region 2 - I've already ripped previous DVDs which are region 2. And I've tried to rip it on both HandBrake and MediaFork but I still get the same problem.

Any suggestions?
baggss

Post by baggss »

Read the last 4 posts in THIS thread. That is what is happening and that is how to work around it.
rent

Post by rent »

thanks for the tip baggss, except is there any other way I can do it without having to use DVDOneX because the free trial only allows you to do a 2 hour max movie and my dvd is longer than that :?
baggss

Post by baggss »

The only other way I know of is to:

A-Go to the MacTheRipper forums and make a donation (~$34) and download the latest Beta Build (r14) that should remove the zero cells while ripping the Video_TS folder to your Hard Drive.

B-Wait for MacTheRipper 3.X to be released to the world, but no on knows when that will be.

Other than that, no.
Eileron

Post by Eileron »

If you have Windows, get Rip4Me. It'll bypass most blank cells and that with ease...and it's free. Handbrake's still the best encoding option though.
baggss

Post by baggss »

I guess that will work, if you're using Windows. I'm working under the assumption that most here are using Macs.
rent

Post by rent »

thanks Eileron and baggss for your help.
I am using a Mac but I guess I can try Rip4Me because I've got Windows as well. and since I'm desperate, it's worth a try!
thanks again :)