Aspect Ratio and Auto Cropping not saved with Picture Size "none" in preset

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Bl00dShed
New User

Aspect Ratio and Auto Cropping not saved with Picture Size "none" in preset

Post by Bl00dShed »

Hi,

I've found a strange effect since Version 1.00, which is still ongoing in my 1.03 Mac-Version.

In the HB < 1.xx I had created a preset with active Keep Aspect Ratio and Automatic Cropping. I wanted Handbrake not to change the resolution, so I had saved the Preset with Picture Size "none". Everything went fine; all settings were called correctly.

Now, since the upgrade this (of course new in 1.00 and 1.03 created Preset) deselects Keep Aspect Ratio and turns Cropping to Custom, every time I start HB. Only the Picture Size "Source max" helps and keeps these settings saved, but Source Max doesn't fit for me, when using different source resolutions.

Is this a bug or a wanted feature?

I've tried to find some informations via the search, but I wasn't successful. :?

Please tell me, if you need logs and if needed, tell me how to do so.

Thanks for your great work! :mrgreen:
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Re: Aspect Ratio and Auto Cropping not saved with Picture Size "none" in preset

Post by Ritsuka »

Truth is, you are the first person posting about the "none" settings, we even forgot the option existed some time ago :) so we reworked the preset system and I guess it doesn't work as before… I'll see what to do.
bryanfindell

Post by bryanfindell »

I'm having this same problem. It has never auto cropped before and now I can't even force the settings to 1000x1000. It changes the "Storage size" to 924x876 cropping my video.

I am super bummed because this was always a quick way to compress clips for instagram. Now I have to default back to compressor.

Did you find a fix for this?
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Choose 0 cropping & save in your preset.

Post your encode log.