Running commentary ... how to stop!

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
jcalcara

Running commentary ... how to stop!

Post by jcalcara »

I keep trying to convert 2 old movies, 8 1/2 and Beauty and the Beast. Both are converted with the director's (or whoever) running commentary on the movies.... how do you turn this off? Thanks.....
Nonsanity

Post by Nonsanity »

When you convert with HandBrake, you are given the option as to which audio track to use. The GUI version lets you pick up to 2, and the CLI version lets you grab as many as you want.

You are either selecting the wrong audio track, or selecting more than one and all are being played back.

Current versions of HandBrake, at least in the CLI version, disable all but the first audio track in the resulting file. Older versions didn't, and the defult was to play them all together, at least in Quicktime Player.

You can enable and disable each track in Quicktime Player by hitting command-J or selecting "Show Movie Properties" from the Windows menu. In there, you can click the checkboxes as you like. These changes are not saved by default however. You can save a reference movie for each arrangement though, and that takes up virtually no room on your hard drive but gives you double-click access to both main feature audio and any commentaries there are.
jcalcara

Post by jcalcara »

Thanks... I was choosing English for audio, but the films are not in English; so it gave me the English commentary....