Spurious reset of output file name

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
kevinmp

Spurious reset of output file name

Post by kevinmp »

If I try to process multiple titles within an input file, I have to type the ouput file name for each

Handbrake 1.0.2 running on MacOS 10.11.6

When encoding several episodes within a season it is convenient to name the files extracted from different titles as zzzzzzz s01e02, zzzzzzz s01e02, etc. Using the beta version of Handbrake it was only necessary to change the one character of the output file name that was different. Starting in release 1.0 the whole output file name is reset each time I change the input title so I have to type the whole thing each time.
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Re: Spurious reset of output file name

Post by Ritsuka »

Copy & Paste is your friend. ;)
kevinmp

Post by kevinmp »

It certainly is. However this is not a very strong argument: if you'd just leave the output file name field alone I could just copy and paste the source file name into the output file name in the first place!

I don't suppose that I'd even have thought of requesting this enhancement if it hadn't worked perfectly well though my many years of using the beta. All I'm asking for is for you to consider removing the fragment of code added to release 1 that resets the suggested output file name.
SuperMAG
New User

Post by SuperMAG »

I support this request. Really annoying!
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

The output file name is set in the preferences.

As far as I know you can set it to any text you want.
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

Should be fixed tomorrow in the next nightly build.