New to MAC, how do I launch Handbrake?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
azTony
New User

New to MAC, how do I launch Handbrake?

Post by azTony »

I am new to MAC OSx and when I install Handbrake it shows a docked disc icon on the Desktop and Handbrake icon on the Dock. When I close Handbrake and eject the drive I do not see Handbrake in the Launchpad. How do launch Handbrake again if I cannot find the program on my MacBook Pro running Sierra 10.12.2?

MacBook Pro w/Touchpad 2016, Handbrake 1.0.1, running on Sierra 10.12.2

Sorry for the rookie question but all other programs I have installed have been found in Launchpad. I even searched the HDD for anything with "handbrake" in it and it comes up empty.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: New to MAC, how do I launch Handbrake?

Post by s55 »

Ronin

Post by Ronin »

Double-click on the icon in the Dock or go to the Applications folder, scroll to the Handbrake icon then double click on the icon. If you did not install Handbrake then follow the instructions as per s55's post, above.
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

@Ronin please avoid reviving old threads, especially to provide double-clicking advice, which if you read the linked article you would know does not work with Apple's Gatekeeper.