Long encode times since update 1.0.1

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
bmajordj

Long encode times since update 1.0.1

Post by bmajordj »

Hi all,

Since the latest Handbrake update, my encodes er acting odd. I run OSX El Capitan on a Macbook Pro Retina 13-inch and the latest build of Handbrake, v1.0.1.

When I put multiple files in my queue and leave my laptop for a few hours, every time I come back, only one file has been encoded. The next one is always just at the beginning of its encode (0,36% of first pass, for example), whether I wait 2 hours or 6 hours. It looks like the second encode just holds off to get started until I unlock my laptop. Moreover, the estimated time left is above 100 hours, instead of around 2.

Since I don't see other reports of this online, I'm guessing it's not a bug and I'm just overlooking something stupid, a new setting for example. I hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

Oh, one more thing: my hard drive has 100gb/512gb free space, so that's not the issue. I've already seen that remark on the forum.

Kind regards,

Jeroen
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Re: Long encode times since update 1.0.1

Post by Ritsuka »

See viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35619 , this issue has already been fixed in the nightly builds. So either download a nightly or wait for 1.0.2.
JohnFrost

Post by JohnFrost »

I'll wait for the 1.0.2 update and see if it works. I've also contacted a friend who will be trying to replicate the issue. Much obliged for the prompt feedback.
bmajordj

Post by bmajordj »

Thank you very much for your feedback, I'll try to install the nightly build and hope that this resolves my problem :D
JohnFrost

Post by JohnFrost »

OK I upgraded to 1.02 and it still takes about three times longer than 0.10.5 x86_64. This is exactly the same problem that I encountered with 1.01. I'll get onto another Mac/Handbrake user and see if the problem can be replicated.
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

This is thread is about the sleep issue, when you had two or more jobs in the queue some macs went to sleep after the first was done. If you see different encode speed you are probably using different settings than before. Open a new thread and post the activity logs from 0.10.5 and 1.0.2.
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

Try turning off sleep mode in your MacBook's System Preferences and see what happens. (Turn it back on when you are done)