Handbrake for Plex through AppleTV

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
FriarJnr

Handbrake for Plex through AppleTV

Post by FriarJnr »

Hi,

Since upgrading to Handbrake 1.0 (now running 1.0.1) I have streaming issues when streaming from a dedicated Synology NAS DS415+ running Plex server (latest version). Network is all Powerline so not WiFi issues.

I have the issue whether I use Apple 720p, Apple 1080p30 or Apple 1080p60 profiles. I get an error of media server isn't powerful enough, yet is clearly should be and I didn't get this issue under the previous version of Handbrake AppleTV profiles, so what's changed?

Please advise a solution as very frustrating.

Thanks.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Handbrake for Plex through AppleTV

Post by mduell »

Seems like the real question is what Synology supports, then we can guide you to an appropriate preset/modifications.
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

Are we talking about an AppleTV, an AppleTV 2, an AppleTV 3, or and AppleTV 3v2, or an AppleTV 4?

SC
FriarJnr

Post by FriarJnr »

mduell wrote:Seems like the real question is what Synology supports, then we can guide you to an appropriate preset/modifications.
Not sure what you mean? Please expand. Do you mean protocols, file formats etc? Would't it be more down to what Plex supports?
FriarJnr

Post by FriarJnr »

Smithcraft wrote:Are we talking about an AppleTV, an AppleTV 2, an AppleTV 3, or and AppleTV 3v2, or an AppleTV 4?

SC
Apologies, it's Apple TV 4.
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

Ok.

What we would like to see would be an encode log from the prior version of Handbrake, and an encode log from the newer version of Handbrake, on the same file with the same settings (or as close as possible), where the file from the new version of Handbrake is having issues being served to your Plex device.

SC
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

. Network is all Powerline so not WiFi issues.
Your power line adapter will deliver only 10-30% of its "rated" speed if you are lucky.
Wifi does quite a bit better than that (30-50%) under sane conditions.

But for streaming HD and better, the only stable option is CAT6, hands down.