HandBrake stops ripping certain episode at a specific time

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mikecool493

HandBrake stops ripping certain episode at a specific time

Post by mikecool493 »

The Activity Window just shows this over and over:

Code: Select all

[18:09:40] Sync: Audio is way out of sync, attempt to reconverge from current video PTS
[18:09:40] Sync: Audio PTS (229892457) >  Video PTS (186480309) by greater than 100ms insert silence until reconverged
[18:09:40] sync: adding 50 ms of silence for track 80bd
The actual episode plays fine in DVD Player.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? The other episodes on the disk ripped fine.
DaveQ
Novice

Post by DaveQ »

Compile the latest code, which might fix this problem. Instructions here:

http://handbrake.m0k.org/trac/wiki/CompileGuide

Dave
mikecool493

Post by mikecool493 »

Is this coming from some knowledgeable source, or are you someone who just always suggests that when someone has a problem? ;)

I would compile it myself, but I don't want to waste the hard drive space on the developer tools :'(

I guess I will just save the ripped DVD folder and try when the next version of HandBrake is out... assuming that it fixes the problem.
Bear Hunter

Post by Bear Hunter »

The thread title implies you are using HB to rip directly from the DVD....your last reply implies you have already ripped it and using HB to convert.

Which is it?

If you have already ripped the DVD...did you do full disk or main feature? Which program did you use and what version?
DaveQ
Novice

Post by DaveQ »

mikecool493 wrote:Is this coming from some knowledgeable source, or are you someone who just always suggests that when someone has a problem? ;)

Are you always this snarky with people who are trying to help you out? There are other posts on this forum -- on the front page, even -- that address audio sync problems. If you had read them, you might realize there are fixes incorporated in the latest code that address problems with audio sync. I can't guarantee it will fix this particular problem, but it fixed the audio sync problems I and others were having.
I would compile it myself, but I don't want to waste the hard drive space on the developer tools :'(
So install them without the documentation (saves about a gig), compile, then delete the developer tools.

Dave
mikecool493

Post by mikecool493 »

Bear Hunter wrote:The thread title implies you are using HB to rip directly from the DVD....your last reply implies you have already ripped it and using HB to convert.

Which is it?

If you have already ripped the DVD...did you do full disk or main feature? Which program did you use and what version?
I did a full disk extraction with MacTheRipper 3.0b14.

(I already searched and found the other thread on here about my issue where it suggested this, but it doesn't look like it was resolved.)
DaveQ wrote: Are you always this snarky with people who are trying to help you out? There are other posts on this forum -- on the front page, even -- that address audio sync problems. If you had read them, you might realize there are fixes incorporated in the latest code that address problems with audio sync. I can't guarantee it will fix this particular problem, but it fixed the audio sync problems I and others were having.
So install them without the documentation (saves about a gig), compile, then delete the developer tools.

Dave
I'm sorry you thought I was being "snarky" with you. I was not trying to be. I appreciate your suggestion, but as I stated before, I think I will just wait for the next release of HandBrake.