Multiple episodes but recognize only one...Why?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
deephouser

Multiple episodes but recognize only one...Why?

Post by deephouser »

Hello there!

I'm in a jam. Please help me out, if you can.
It was successful to rip the disk which has multiple episodes, using MacTheRipper. I can burn the contents on a DVD, and also see any of the episodes normally. However, HandBreak as well as VLC recognizes only the first episode. It should have more than 120 minutes of time for the content, but HandBreak shows just 40 miuntes for the first episode only. Could you tell me how to make HandBreak recognize the rest of the episodes?
Mucx
Experienced

Post by Mucx »

Unfortunately, it is just one of those annoying things. HandBrake now and then does that to me on some of my discs. The only answer I have is to try and use another program like FFmpegX or my second choice of D-Vision.

I could be wrong but I have heard whispers that HB will force the chapters to appear or something in the future?

It is a strange problem, hope there is an answer.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

Err...you know that each episode is probably a separate title on the DVD, right? You're saying the title menu is only populated with one entry?
Mucx
Experienced

Post by Mucx »

jbrjake wrote:Err...you know that each episode is probably a separate title on the DVD, right? You're saying the title menu is only populated with one entry?
Yeah, that is it exactly. It has happened to me on one or two discs. Tom & Jerry Classic Collection I think?, like I said it is rare but it happens. It only recognised and showed 3 titles when there should have been around 16.