Problem Adding All Titles with Subtitles

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
djs
New User

Problem Adding All Titles with Subtitles

Post by djs »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:

I load a folder as source. Select a preset, edit the settings slightly, select Add All in the subtitles tab, and select add all titles to queue. All videos add to the queue, but without subtitles.

If I add videos one by one, selecting Add All subtitle tracks for each video and queuing individually, videos populate the queue with subtitles. This is time consuming though obviously, and defeats the purpose of Add All Titles To Queue.

I believe it would be fixed if the Add All options under Subtitles was incorporated into the presets. Currently, the presets clearly don't save the subtitles settings (difficult I know as subtitles vary widely between videos, but Add All could be included as a preset option I believe?....) Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong.. .. Is there a setting somewhere I missed?

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of OSX are you running. etc.

OS X 10.10.5, latest version of Handbrake.
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Re: Problem Adding All Titles with Subtitles

Post by Ritsuka »

Check the subtitles defaults panel (you can open it by clicking the configure defaults button). Keep in mind that in 0.10 you need to create a new preset manually if you want to apply the same settings to multiple titles. Either that or try a nightly build.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

"Add All" uses the settings in the saved version of the currently selected preset.
brouw139
New User

Post by brouw139 »

I notice I opened this very same topic.
Interesting answer. Saving the preset is the key. Bedtime now. Will check tomorrow.