Transfering Handbrake mp4s from Mac to PC

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Dylan

Transfering Handbrake mp4s from Mac to PC

Post by Dylan »

Does anyone know how to transfer the mp4's that are in iTunes on my mac to the iTunes on my PC so that i can put them on my video ipod, which is formatted for windows?

Are mp4's just like mp3's where i can put the files on a cd or flashdrive and transfer them into my PC itunes? or is there a different way?
PuzZLeR
Bright Spark User

Re: Transfering Handbrake mp4s from Mac to PC

Post by PuzZLeR »

Dylan wrote:Are mp4's just like mp3's where i can put the files on a cd or flashdrive and transfer them into my PC itunes?
Yes.

If these MP4s worked on one platform (Mac or PC), and don't work on the other, it has nothing to do with the video or audio streams. It could be a number of things such as playback apps, outdated software or even transfer devices, etc. not because a PC and Mac need different MP4 files.

MP4 is a standard, not proprietary to an O/S.

Yes, iPod/iTune need(s) a certain subset of video content to play. Again, this will have nothing to do with Mac or PC.

I don't know the differences between iTunes on a Mac or a PC, but if they don't accept the same formats, then again, it will have nothing to do with needing a "PC version of an MP4" or a "Mac version of an MP4".
Last edited by PuzZLeR on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seinman

Post by seinman »

iPods that are in Windows format are completely accessible on Macs. Just plug it in and transfer the files on there. I keep my iPod in Windows format for just this reason, it works great on my Mac and I can still plug it in to friends' PCs. It doesn't work the other way, though; Mac iPods won't be seen by PCs without special software.