Video Looks Skewed

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Feynman

Video Looks Skewed

Post by Feynman »

Is it just me or when changing the Picture Settings to match the source of 720 x 480 the video looks skewed?

Additionaly it looks like there are lots of artifacts when I go full screen mode and I chose a Constant Quality of 98% Will it have these artifacts when I try to play it on my TV (don't have the dock for the new Classic yet)? I chose the x264 (h.264 iPod) encoder.

I was under the impression that changing the output to match the source with a constant quality of 98% would create a near perfect match of the DVD in terms of picture quality.

Any help would be great!
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

Trying reading the documentation before asking silly questions.
Feynman

Post by Feynman »

jbrjake wrote:Trying reading the documentation before asking silly questions.
Sure I could read the documentation but I know nothing about video encoding so I would likely get confused. Browsing over some of it is complicated enough for me.

All I am trying to do is encode my DVD (first ripped from MacTheRipper) collection in the best possible quality so that it will look both outstanding on my iPod and my TV.
Cavalicious

Post by Cavalicious »

At the very least you search and read the forums. If comprehending what is in the Documentation and the forums proves difficult, then you may want to consider an Elgato solution.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

Feynman wrote:Sure I could read the documentation but I know nothing about video encoding so I would likely get confused.
Amazing.

I explain this one with *animated pictures* for god's sake, and it's not enough.