Very Choppy DVD

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
dsteed08

Very Choppy DVD

Post by dsteed08 »

I'm hoping someone can help me. I am new to handbrake but I would consider myself somewhat tech savvy. Whenever I try to encode a DVD for our new Apple TV I get a very choppy pixelated picture that runs horribly. I've tried a few things and nothing seems to be working. Changing the speed, picture, and quality. I am currently running the latest version of handbrake on my brand new Mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Very Choppy DVD

Post by mduell »

Shame you're not somewhat English savvy.

Forum rules
Activity Log is required for support requests. See Must Read: How To Get Questions Answered on These Forums for details

Forum rules
Activity Log is required for support requests. See Must Read: How To Get Questions Answered on These Forums for details

Forum rules
Sandies

Post by Sandies »

Gosh, instead of starting to complain maybe help the guy out. He obviously don't know how to submit an activity log so help him with that and show him how to.

dsteed08:
How much did you compress it? higher compression requires more processor power, which the Apple TV might not have enough of.
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

Sandies wrote:Gosh, instead of starting to complain maybe help the guy out. He obviously don't know how to submit an activity log so help him with that and show him how to.
Because out of a forum of 20,000+ users there are maybe a dozen people, including the developers, who take the time to regularly answer support requests and we have neither the time nor the inclination to play 20 questions.

As for the OP, please read the following thread for details of what is required for support and how to locate and post your activity log.