Babylon 5

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
carmic191

Babylon 5

Post by carmic191 »

first off i am new to all this so forgive me if i make errors

I am in the middle of ripping Babylon 5 series Season 1 & 2 went fine

problem is Season 3 starting with the 4th disk, it will read chapers 1-24 time of 2:50 ( 4 episodes) but then rip only the first episode.

can i get any help as to what i have to do?

thanks in advance :?
voxsola

Post by voxsola »

Try using MacTheRipper to rip the DVD to your Disk and then process with HandBrake. I'm in the middle of doing the Babylon 5 series myself, I always use MTR first and I can't remember exactly which disk it was now but the one you mention rings a bell. MTR ripped the whole thing to my HD successfully but upon finishing reported there were bad sectors. I checked it out with VLC and it all seemed to play fine so I carried on with HandBrake and the individual episodes turned out fine.
gbooker

Post by gbooker »

Just to provide a data point:

Several months ago (March or so?), I used HB to rip the entire B5 series. I did one episode per file, and didn't have a single issue. I used MTR on each disk and then encoded the ripped version in HB. I did this out of speed rather than out of necessity b/c I could be encoding one disk at the same time I am ripping the next. I don't remember MTR reporting bad sectors though, but I may just be remembering incorrectly as I did 30 disks in about a weeks time.
carmic191

gbooker and voxsola

Post by carmic191 »

Thanks for your help...now its working fine...finally finished ripping Season 3 of Babylon 5...

Now who wants to loan me seasons 4 & 5 ?! lol :wink: :wink: