Asked Recently About Data Rate. Need Answer ASAP

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
prez

Asked Recently About Data Rate. Need Answer ASAP

Post by prez »

Need to know where I can set the data rate in Handbrake.....I posted this request yesterday, and while I got one response, the question wasn't answered and I need one ASAP.

I'm working with a MacBook P OS: Maverick, 10.9.3. I am using the absolute latest version of Handbrake. Handbrate was able to reduce a 6.5 HD GB film file to 555MB. I uploaded onto to Vimeo, and at the conclusion of the upload, got the following message: "We have some recommendations for this video. This video's data rate is only 737 kbit/s, which is lower than what we recommend and means your video might not look as nice as it should. For HD video, we suggest you use a higher data rate, typically 5000 kbit/s"......while the video looks fine as is, I want to see if there a difference.

Question...with the latest version of Handbrake, where do I set the data rate at 5000? And what other setting should I be aware of. Thank you so much for any responses.
prez

Re: Asked Recently About Data Rate. Need Answer ASAP

Post by prez »

Thank you all for the responses. Very helpful
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Asked Recently About Data Rate. Need Answer ASAP

Post by s55 »

Do not start a new thread asking for an answer to a previous thread.

Locked.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30176&p=139292#p139292