New and Confused

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
breadpwn

New and Confused

Post by breadpwn »

Hello everyone,

Okay fellas I work for a small dance company. I just got "find a way to do this" request from my bosses.
I have several DVDs from my companies performances over the past few years. We want to rip these dvds and set it up so I can compile the different dances together and create DVDs with different dances from different shows.

I found Mac The Ripper to rip my DVDs and that worked great, I now have backups of everything. But I can edit nothing. It ripped in ifo and vod formats and I can not get these to open in my finalcutpro or my graphics converter programs.

I am not super computer savy, but I am determined to find a way. I have read through these forums and I understand just enough to know that I need help and advice. Does anyone know if Mediafork will rip to different movie formats or if it will convert what I already have ripped?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
zen649

Post by zen649 »

You can use a program call MPEG Streamclip that will be able to open the file DVD files. You can then select the screens you want and export them in many different formats that are compatible with almost any DVD authoring program.

Just a note. You do not need Mac The Ripper to copy the the DVD's that you made unless you encrypted them.