Encode completes, but Hanbrake never finishes

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Tonyt

Encode completes, but Hanbrake never finishes

Post by Tonyt »

The handbrake encode status bar reaches 100%, but 7 hours later, handbrake still does not finish (the red Cancel Button is still indicated). If I stop the process, the movie does seem to work (I haven't tried watching the complete picture)

I'm converting from a folder (I selected the video drectory, not the title directory). I'm converting to iPod, low-rez.
Last edited by Tonyt on Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chuckyboy81070

Post by chuckyboy81070 »

I can confirm this happens for me as well. the movies seem to be completely fine though after canceling at 100%. I was using the build from september 10th, i believe. this morning i updated to the latest SVN release, but haven't encoded anything yet.
royone
Enlightened

Post by royone »

I get the hanging at the end problem sometimes, too. The tricky thing is, it could be muxing (or something), or it could really be done. You can check your CPU usage and try playing the file. If the CPU isn't busy and the file plays, you can kill the CLI window.
chuckyboy81070

Post by chuckyboy81070 »

i was using the MacGUI at the time. i checked the CPU and it was not muxing. i also tried playing it before i exited handbrake, but of course it was not playable while it was still "in use" by handbrake. after exiting handbrake and "canceling" then encoding, the movie played from beginning to end fine.
Tonyt

Post by Tonyt »

...after having problems at first, HB now exits gracefully.