got my video into my itunes, but my ipod won't accept it

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
karl straub

got my video into my itunes, but my ipod won't accept it

Post by karl straub »

video is in my itunes now, but it won't sync to ipod. it says won't sync, because it can't be played on this ipod.

i attempted to copy a cartoon short from a dvd i own, (looney tunes golden collection) and i'm wondering why it won't go to the ipod. it's a ipod video, and i've downloaded videos that i purchased and they went on okay.
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

Did you use a preset? What platform are you on?

Just a couple of the many unanswered questions you leave us to guess at.

Speaking of which, I'm afraid your own questions will have to go unanswered until you provide some more details to help.
karl straub

Post by karl straub »

platform i believe is mac os x 10.4.10

not sure what a preset is--

(it should be obvious i left you to guess at these answers because i don't know them myself. if anyone can advise me as to how to answer, or how to find the answer, i'd be much obliged. )

thanks, karl
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

um, karl, might I guess you havent read any of the documentation for HandBrake which is found here http://handbrake.m0k.org/trac/wiki/HandBrakeGuide
as well as in Help > HandBrake User Guide in the macintosh gui (which, if you are using the version with buttons and widgets, is what you are using). I seriously suggest you at least give it a cursory read before asking here. Many things there that will help you convert your movies.

Hint: to see presets look at the top of your window when HandBrake is running and you will see the "Presets" Menu. The Presets themselves are in a drawer which will pop out on the right of the main HandBrake window.

Try 'em, you'll like 'em.
karl straub

Post by karl straub »

thanks for your help! i'll check it out and see what happens.
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Your video is probably larger than 480x640....or maybe thats backwards.....one of those