Hand Break does not work on Monsters University

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
cynthia912

Hand Break does not work on Monsters University

Post by cynthia912 »

I'm not sure why this program will not work on Monster's University. I just installed an update, so Iron Man 3 will work. I expected that update to solve the problem for all newer DVD's. What's the problem now? And how do I fix it?
Deleted User 11865

Re: Hand Break does not work on Monsters University

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Try something that gets updated more often, like AnyDVD (Windows), MakeMKV (cross-platform) or Mac DVDRipper Pro. You can re-encode their output with HandBrake if you like.
GregiBoy
Veteran User

Post by GregiBoy »

The problem is that "Handbrake" (Please note spelling) is not a decrypter and the studios are continually adding new protection schema.

Do as Rodeo suggested and use a dedicated ripper that is updated to counter these schema and then process with Handbrake.
nodiaque

Post by nodiaque »

Hello,

I'm having a similar problem with Monster Inc and Monsters University. I'm
using Anydvd HD and makemkv to rip the BD into an uncompress and
unprotected MKV (except cinavia).

Then, using handbrake, I recompress the movie. Problem is, with only these
two movies (no problem with any other movie from disney), it doesn't work.
Last time, I tried using simply Constant Quality 20, it gave me a movie of
20 min and 30 sec (for both). I removed the audio to have only the image,
same thing.

What's the problem? Using latest version of all software, downloaded today.

Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/rTHggHfk
brucethebear

Post by brucethebear »

cynthia912 wrote:I'm not sure why this program will not work on Monster's University. I just installed an update, so Iron Man 3 will work. I expected that update to solve the problem for all newer DVD's. What's the problem now? And how do I fix it?
Hello. I was having the exact same issue with MU.
The title track was #24, but in HB even going "open source - title specific" - it would not give me an option for title #24.

The solution was to download the HB nightly version. (Currently 6061svn-macosx.6_gui_x86_64).
Then run the "open source - title specific" - Now title 24 is available and rips!

Thanks everyone on the board for advice. It led me to this solution.
Mil1lite

Post by Mil1lite »

I am having trouble with MU. I am running the latest version of HB and Mac the Ripper. The ISO file is intact / complete. I tried running the "open source - title specific" and selecting title 24. However I receive the following message "No Valid Source Found". The ISO is stored on an external hard drive. Any suggestions?
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

I presume you've read the thread and have updated to a nightly build and used an up to date ripper like MakeMKV or Mac DVDRipper Pro?
nodiaque

Post by nodiaque »

I manage to do it using Handbrake to compress only the video. I extracted the video from the mkv, giving me a .h264 file. Problem was in one of the audio track that handbrake didn't like. I had the same problem with Monster Inc.