Talladega/DaVinci Code

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
umdterrapins

Talladega/DaVinci Code

Post by umdterrapins »

These titles still don't rip....are other new releases going to have the same copyguard that MediaFork doesn't work around? And how long until its expected that this will be solved ina new release?

by the way...I noticed on Talladega Nights that I rips fine if I ignore the first chapter (trying out the same on DaVinci now...seems to working too)
baggss

Post by baggss »

This is a known issue with some new movies. There are no plans that I am aware of to make MF capable of overcoming this form of protection. You need MacTheRipper (free) and DVD2OneX ($30) to overcome this. I recommend you head over to the MacTheRipper Forums and do a search. You will find a thread specifically about TDNights.
mike693

Post by mike693 »

FYI, a good Windows alternative is RipIt4Me, DVD Decrypter, FixVTS, and DVD Shrink. All are free. The resulting video ts folders or disc ISOs will work with your Mac or PC version of MediaFork.
Britblogger

Post by Britblogger »

baggss wrote:You need MacTheRipper (free) and DVD2OneX ($30) to overcome this.
MacTheRipper doesn't overcome this problem - I've also tried YadeX, Handbrake and DVD2Pod, and none of them work.

What exactly have they added as new encryption?

oh, and Underworld Evolution has the same problem :(

[p.s. nice app, props to you guys for working on this]
mike693

Post by mike693 »

Britblogger wrote: MacTheRipper doesn't overcome this problem - I've also tried YadeX, Handbrake and DVD2Pod, and none of them work.

What exactly have they added as new encryption?
I had problems with some titles and MacTheRipper last year. That's why I started using FixVTS, etc. I haven't looked into any recent improvements to MTR.

New encryption can't be added otherwise existing DVD players would not be able to play the new title. However, I understand that in 2005 and later releases, it became more common to write the catalog on the DVD in a manner that exploits differences between hardware and software players. Software rippers need to be periodically updated to compensate. I suspect this may have unintended consequences; I have an older (hardware) DVD player that has problems with some new DVDs, but never older releases.
baggss

Post by baggss »

MTR can be used to copy the Video_TS folder to the Hard Drive. It will tell you there are errors, ignore them. You then need to use DVD2OneX to remove the zero cells and resave the DVD without them. MTR 2.6.6 will do this just fine, it worked fine for TDNights for me.
umdterrapins

Post by umdterrapins »

baggss wrote:MTR can be used to copy the Video_TS folder to the Hard Drive. It will tell you there are errors, ignore them. You then need to use DVD2OneX to remove the zero cells and resave the DVD without them. MTR 2.6.6 will do this just fine, it worked fine for TDNights for me.
So essentially, if you want to rip either of these movies to an mp4 file, you need to us MTR to rip a VIDEO_TS folder to your hard drive, then use DVD2OneX to burn a new DVD, then use that DVD with MediaFork to make the .mp4 file? Thanks for your help.
baggss

Post by baggss »

Yep. There is really no other way that I know of to get around this issue. You have to go in and remove the zero cells yourself though, DVD2OneX won't do it automatically.
Nonsanity

Post by Nonsanity »

Hopefully, the next version of MacTheRipper (in final development now) will fix this errors.

...Hopefully.
Britblogger

Post by Britblogger »

I don't have a DVD burner on my iBook :( does that mean I'm pretty much KO'd?

thanks again.
baggss

Post by baggss »

You don't need a DVD burner. MTR will simply copy the Video_TS folder to your hard drive and you can use DTOX from there. Once you save the fixed copy from DTOX, MF will read it and rip the files/episodes you want.
Last edited by baggss on Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nonsanity

Post by Nonsanity »

You don't have to burn to a DVD to use DVD2OneX. Just save it to a new VIDEO_TS folder and give that to MediaFork/HandBrake.
Britblogger

Post by Britblogger »

Nonsanity wrote:You don't have to burn to a DVD to use DVD2OneX. Just save it to a new VIDEO_TS folder and give that to MediaFork/HandBrake.
thanks a lot, very helpful. I'll let you guys know what I come up with.
umdterrapins

Post by umdterrapins »

baggss wrote:Yep. There is really no other way that I know of to get around this issue. You have to go in and remove the zero cells yourself though, DVD2OneX won't do it automatically.
Thanks for the tips. I'm trying out both movies overnight. Did a test with Fun With [Censored] and Jane, which also has this protection, and that worked great. Unfortunately, it didnt make the movie any better.
baggss

Post by baggss »

umdterrapins wrote: Unfortunately, it didnt make the movie any better.
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! Image
Nonsanity

Post by Nonsanity »

umdterrapins wrote:Thanks for the tips. I'm trying out both movies overnight. Did a test with Fun With [Censored] and Jane, which also has this protection, and that worked great. Unfortunately, it didnt make the movie any better.
Ooh, yeah. Gotta agree with you on that one.

That should probably be a feature request, you know... A stars popup to change how many stars the movie will be when you are done converting it. :)
myronaiii

Post by myronaiii »

Does anyone know of a work around for the PC? I'd like to rip some movies, like Talladega Nights, that have the protection. Thanks for the help.
bgotori

Post by bgotori »

Hey All

Will Instant HandBrake Convert the MediaFork File for use on my PSP???

Thanks!!!

Brad
bikinistud

Post by bikinistud »

Can anyone tell me what "Zero Cells" to uncheck in order to properly rip Talladega Nights? Do you uncheck the ones with 0 time, 0 mb, all, none, some? My problem is that MediaFork can process the movie but will only combine the audio for the first 40+ sec. of the movie...

Thanks!
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Well, I just finished an encode of Talladega nights that I ripped with MTR 3-14d. Came out perfect. Didnt have to use DTOX at all.

Never tried to rip just with HB. Ran through mtr first.
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

dynaflash, I believe you are ripping the region 1 disc, correct?

To those having trouble with TD - what region is your disc from?

Rodney
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

yep, region 1. Works perfectly. Am now running a 2 pass to try to get this audio cutout problem to occur. So far, sad to say, I cannot replicate it.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Okay, just finished a 2 pass of TD just now and am listening to the song during the credits. No audio cutout. Looks excellent.