post-rip tagging?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
nettdata

post-rip tagging?

Post by nettdata »

Hi-

Great work on the software... I've been using it since the beginning of HandBrake, and am working on getting a handle on the software so I can help where I can.

Just curious, though... what do you guys use to tag the files after they're ripped, specifically for iTunes/iPod tagging?

Also, do you have any plans on ever incorporating the tagging right into the ripping process?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: post-rip tagging?

Post by jbrjake »

nettdata wrote:Just curious, though... what do you guys use to tag the files after they're ripped, specifically for iTunes/iPod tagging?
Try MetaData Hootenanny: http://www.applesolutions.com/bantha/MH.html

We'd like to include something similar eventually inside the app (it's listed on the Trac as an enhancement scheduled for version 1.0--that is to say, not soon) but no one's working on it.
baggss

Post by baggss »

I generally use iTunes to do the bulk tagging, things like Genre, name and artwork. For Movies it's pretty strait forward and I usually do it all there. For TV shows I then use Lostify to add the info that iTunes won't do in bulk, i.e. season, Video type and episode number info.
nettdata

Post by nettdata »

Thanks for the advice.

For what it's worth, I did some digging around, and ended up using the latest SVN checkout of AtomicParsley, from the command line... WAY easier to do batch processing, etc.

I've used Lostify in the past, but found it to be a real PITA for tagging a large group of files.

Thanks again... and excellent job on the software... works like a charm.
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

baggss wrote:I generally use iTunes to do the bulk tagging, things like Genre, name and artwork. For Movies it's pretty strait forward and I usually do it all there. For TV shows I then use Lostify to add the info that iTunes won't do in bulk, i.e. season, Video type and episode number info.
I got fed up of doing things by hand (too many Simpsons episodes) and rigged up an Applescript that will do that inside iTunes: input a season of a tv show (with the episode number in the track number field), respond to a couple of dialogs with the season number and show name, and it'll assemble the rest of the information in each file from that. If you're interested I'll post it.
baggss

Post by baggss »

Please do hawkman, I'd be interested in giving it a whirl..
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

Hey,

Sorry for the delay. Have uploaded a script; but first, a warning to the casual user.

I've hacked this together myself, it suits my needs and probably not yours. You're welcome to have a look and use it all you like, but I don't promise it's completely robust.

PS. The framework is hijacked from another script, probably one of Doug's, so all relevant copyright stuff applies I guess.

Having said that:

http://download.phantomgorilla.com/hawk ... y.scpt.zip