Cars 2 not working

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Davidcuckney

Cars 2 not working

Post by Davidcuckney »

I am trying to put cars 2 on to my iTunes but handbrake is crashing out when it's scanning the tracks. Can anyone help.

Thanks
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: Cars 2 not working

Post by JohnAStebbins »

First try the nigthly build. There's a fix in that which might help. If it still crashes. Please supply an activity log and a crash log from the nightly build.
achenry

Post by achenry »

I am having this same problem. I went to the "nightly build" page and there are warnings all over about it being unstable and not to use if you're not an experienced user. I'm not an experienced user...so what do you suggest? Thank you.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

The nightly builds are very likely better than 0.9.5 at this point. 0.9.5 is almost a year old now. And we are in a bit of a code freeze now getting ready for the next release. So you should go ahead and give the nightly a try.
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

Those are standard disclaimers. Whether you use the official release, or a nightly, Handbrake is still beta software.

SC
matador440

Post by matador440 »

The nightly build fixed this problem for me - I had to download OSX Lion to get it running, but once that was installed it worked.

https://build.handbrake.fr/view/Nightli ... x86_64.dmg

One thing I did notice was that it took about 2-3 times as long for Handbrake to acquire the Video_TS folder to start the process, but after that delay, everything went as normal.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

matador440 wrote:One thing I did notice was that it took about 2-3 times as long for Handbrake to acquire the Video_TS folder to start the process, but after that delay, everything went as normal.
Could you post a scan log so I can check that nothing really abnormal is happening to cause the long delay. It's probably just the normal takes a long time to scan 99 titles delay.
valkraider

Post by valkraider »

What is the deal with not supporting 10.6? Is it just for the nightlies? Will there be an official 0.9.6 release for SnowLeopard?

Not only do I have no desire to upgrade to Lion, but two of my computers don't support Lion (they are Core Duo).
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

It's not that we don't support 10.6 it's more that the developers can't guarantee that the nightly builds will work under Snow Leopard. That being said, I'm running 10.6.8 and the nightly builds appear to work fine for me.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Updated the Mac build page to indicate that 10.6 is working. The plan in to always try support (where possible) Current and Previous versions of the OS.
vrbf

Post by vrbf »

I got it to work using the directions here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15874
colomb

Post by colomb »

vrbf wrote:I got it to work using the directions here:

Using the above instructions gets me to the point where I click start to begin the encoding. Once I click start, the encoding never gets under way. Handbrake just appears to sit there.

Pastebin log link: http://paste.handbrake.fr/pastebin.php?show=2818
JS001

Post by JS001 »

I tried opening Chapter 15 which contains the movie and it all seemed to work but when I played the movie back it was out of sequence.

I then downloaded the nightly build HandBrake-4362svn-MacOSX.5_CLI_x86_64.dmg however I cant seem to get this to run. I am still on Snow Leopard which may be the issue. One question - it this a support file to the version of Handbrake I have or a standalone.
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

You downloaded the CLI which is the Command Line Interface version. You would have to use the Terminal to run it. Try the GUI.

SC
JS001

Post by JS001 »

Thanks. Well I downloaded the GUI version and opened title 15. All seemed to work OK with no crashes but when I played the movie back it was out of sequence. It's a tough cookie this one.
JS001

Post by JS001 »

Thanks guys – finally cracked it.

I played the DVD in Apple DVD Player and noted Title 65 was common throughout the movie.

I couldn't open Title Specific as Handbrake would only show 25 titles. I got handbrake to Scan all titles and then selected Title 65 from the drop down menu.

Works fine now – thanks everyone for your help.
sdjeff4sc

Post by sdjeff4sc »

Sorry Guys - I have a similar problem, my copy of Cars 2 plays title 15 when I'm playing the disc in the DVD player. But when I use Fairmount and DVD2ONE (my usual routine) most of title 15 are zero chapters w/ time used, but no data. The movie itself is 1:46:11 - title 15, but there are multiple titles of 1:46:11 - title 65 is 1:46:45 or something like that....

When I try to rip directly w/ HB (using the ALT/OPT routine to scan only title 15) I get the scrambled picture usually used on James Bond discs (the LIBDIVNAV issue). But I can't get a clean scan to rip.

Since I'm still on Leopard, will the nightly build work?

Help!
sdjeff4sc

Cars 2 "seems" to be working......

Post by sdjeff4sc »

Update - seems to be working.....

Sorry for the confusion....... I went back to try to rip it directly w/ HB. Went to Preferences, selected LIBDVDNAV instead of LIBDVDREAD (which for some reason is required on some MGM/James Bond DVDs), used the ALT/OPT trick to scan title 15 ONLY and HB 9.5 seems to be rippng the disc....... in the correct order......

I'll report back when the rip is complete - sorry for the confusion - you guys have helped me out on every other problem I've had - this is a great program and the board is equally wonderful w/ the moderators/developers assistance.

Keep up the great work!
sdjeff4sc

Encode did not work - trying again

Post by sdjeff4sc »

Finished rip of Cars 2 - I thought...... using HB 9.5 direct from DVD, title 15.....

Tagged it, imported to iTunes - nothing but the 1st 3 seconds will play, then the picture stops but the sound continues - I quit HB before I could save the encode log. Ripping it again to see if it will work - seems I had this same problem w/ Captain America a few weeks ago and I fixed it, but forgot what I did.

Either way, this time I'll have an encode log if it doesn't work.......
sdjeff4sc

Update - 2nd rip worked.....

Post by sdjeff4sc »

I did a search and found my old Captain America thread......... same thing happened here.......

I ripped Cars 2 again, did nothing different than the first rip (just like Captain America) used HB 9.5, used LIBDVDNAV in advanced preferences, used Universal settings - rip came out clean.....

I don't quite understand how I can do this on two recent discs, do it exactly the same each time, and the first rip doesn't work and the 2nd rip does.....

Anyway, the 2nd rip worked using nothing more that HB 9.5............ no nightly build..... no Fairmount/DETOX.......

Oh well..... it worked.......
colomb

Post by colomb »

Update:

The issue wasn't Cars 2 specific. I noticed viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21779 today and followed the suggested fix. Cars 2 now encodes just fine.
dda

Post by dda »

HI,
I have installed the latest night build HandBrake-4375svn-MacOSX.5_GUI_x86_64.dmg
but when I rip Cars 2, it plays out of sequence.
I've tried to rip Title 15 and Title 65 as mentioned in this thread but none is working correctly.

Can someone help ?

DDA
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

As with many of these newer DVDs, it's better to determine the correct title yourself rather than rely on someone else's advice. It's quite common for there to be 3-4 different versions of a DVD sold in each territory, each with it's own "correct" title.