No valid title for single VOB file

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
robbyx

No valid title for single VOB file

Post by robbyx »

I've been ripping my DVDs to single VOB files using MTR. They work better on my JVC media player than having the movie broken into several files.

I've been experimenting with conversion utilities for MP4 and would like to give MediaFork a try, especially now that it offers some basic subtitle support (thank you!!!!!!!!!!). Trouble is...

MediaFork doesn't seem to like the single VOB files. It cann't find a valid title. Any thoughts?

-Rob
jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: No valid title for single VOB file

Post by jbrjake »

robbyx wrote:MediaFork doesn't seem to like the single VOB files. It cann't find a valid title. Any thoughts?
Simply not part of the app's functionality. It only supports DVD discs and VIDEO_TS directories.

This will hopefully change (there's a Trac ticket for .vob/.ts support: http://mediafork.dynalias.com/trac/ticket/21) but not anytime soon.
kavenien

Post by kavenien »

A workaround that doesn't really take much time is to use Toast to create a DVD image from your single VOB. I've been doing it with the Sin City ReCut episodes to test out dark action with different settings and applications, especially MediaFork.

Toast may not be the only way to do this; basically you just need any dvd authoring software that will make an image you can mount.
phox17

Re:

Post by phox17 »

kavenien wrote:A workaround that doesn't really take much time is to use Toast to create a DVD image from your single VOB. I've been doing it with the Sin City ReCut episodes to test out dark action with different settings and applications, especially MediaFork.

Toast may not be the only way to do this; basically you just need any dvd authoring software that will make an image you can mount.
How? I've been trying to rip the recut sin city since i got it to no avail (Except "The Customer is Always Right")... I've tried using different VOBs in Toast, but the only ones that i think it would be Toast say it can't open... I first ripped the DVD w/ MacTheRipper, and now I want to get an iPod version.

Thanks for any help
cvk_b
Veteran User

Re: Re:

Post by cvk_b »

phox17 wrote:
kavenien wrote:A workaround that doesn't really take much time is to use Toast to create a DVD image from your single VOB. I've been doing it with the Sin City ReCut episodes to test out dark action with different settings and applications, especially MediaFork.

How? I've been trying to rip the recut sin city since i got it to no avail (Except "The Customer is Always Right")... I've tried using different VOBs in Toast, but the only ones that i think it would be Toast say it can't open... I first ripped the DVD w/ MacTheRipper, and now I want to get an iPod version.

Thanks for any help
Necro posting is not a good idea.