need newie help

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
soch

need newie help

Post by soch »

i'm running handbrake on a mac .Have one problem when i when i rip a dvd that has multiple episodes from vobs to mp4 format it only records one episodes.I must be doing something wrong .Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
The soch
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: need newie help

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Each episode is on a separate title. You have to encode each title separately.
soch

Post by soch »

Ok.Do you mean i have to copy each episode as a single recording.Any way that i can encode the whole cd with the different episodes and copy the whole cd at once.

thanks
Cavalicious

Post by Cavalicious »

soch wrote:Ok.Do you mean i have to copy each episode as a single recording.Any way that i can encode the whole cd with the different episodes and copy the whole cd at once.

thanks
Yes...Add to Queue
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

soch wrote:Ok.Do you mean i have to copy each episode as a single recording.Any way that i can encode the whole cd with the different episodes and copy the whole cd at once.

thanks
Some DVDs have a "play all" title that has all the episodes concatenated into one title. You can usually recognize these based on the title duration that is shown for each title. If your disc doesn't have one of those, then each title(episode) must be encoded separately. But you can stack them up in the queue as Cavalicious points out.
carolinej

Post by carolinej »

I am having the same problem and I do not really understand what the previous posters mean. I am very much a newbie and could use some baby steps to help me figure this out too. Please tell me what exactly to change so that I can rip MKV files properly from box set collections. Please and thank you.
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

May I take this opportunity to remind everyone of HandBrake's extensive documentation? The section on titles and chapters seems especially pertinent.
soch

Post by soch »

Thanks ya'll