After the rip...

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
jwmci

After the rip...

Post by jwmci »

I ripped a movie to mp4. Is there an easy way to burn this to a DVD for viewing on a DVD player?

I'm using an Intel Mac. BTW, it took 1:30 to rip a 3 hour movie.
baggss

Post by baggss »

Why did you rip it to MP4? If you wanted to copy the movie you should have used MacTheRipper to copy the Video_TS folder to your Mac and then burned it back with Toast.

You can use toast to burn it back to a DVD in DVD format, but you're going to lose quality doing this.
alehel
Experienced

Post by alehel »

The reason you shouldn't do it using this method is because it takes longer and will result in a loss of video quality. MediaFork compresses the video. Now if you transcode that video back to a dvd format, there will be some information that has gone lost in the process. There are applications that let you copy dvd's without you having to compress it first which gives you the same video quality as the original, unless you chose to compress it to fitt on on a DVD5 rather than a DVD9.
dp34

Post by dp34 »

Easiest app I have found after trying many is DVD2OneX which also has the added benefit of being able to remove the dreaded 0 length cells in a DVD to Movie only burn. I also creates an image that is left on the disk after the burn that can then be used by MediaFork.

Preferred methodology for replicating a DVD and setting up for Mediafork:

1/ Use Mactheripper (pref donate to get the beta v3) to rip the DVD
2/ us DVD2OneX movie only to get the image to movie only and get rid of pesky 0 length cells
3/ Use mediafork.

There are other ways to do it but the movie ends up looking like c*&p.

If you want to get really into it look at the forums on ripdifferent.org
baggss

Post by baggss »

Great advise dp34!