Star Wars

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
formerwinguy

Star Wars

Post by formerwinguy »

Well, I have done some of my movies that I own for archival purposes. LOTR worked and some others. The problem I am having is that The phantom menace worked fine, but attack of the clones only goes to a certain point EVERY TIME (1.02GB) and then stops. No errors, nothing.

I read on here about the zero file thing, is that it? What do I do?

Thanks!
RB
Mucx
Experienced

Post by Mucx »

I have encoded this successfully. I would never let HandBrake rip the disc. I always run it through MacTheRipper first. Not sure if you did but ripping with MacTheRipper is the way to go. Not only will your HandBrake ripping time be decreased but it will be less wear and tear on your precious drive.
formerwinguy

MTR

Post by formerwinguy »

I got MTR and am trying that now. So, this folder that houses the entire DVD, can it be used to make a DVD that will run in my 360? I am trying to back all my DVD collection up to save them.
Mucx
Experienced

Post by Mucx »

Ahhh, yeah it can be made into a DVD. Toast can take the resulting VIDEO_TS folder and crunch it down and burn it to a standard blank DVD+R disc.

I can't think why you would want to take a disc you own and make a copy just to play on your XBOX DVD drive? :wink: :)
formerwinguy

Ah, yes!

Post by formerwinguy »

Actually my kids live with their mom and they love to take their favorite movies home and take forever to return them. Primarily I am using these rips to make a library for my Apple TV's!

C'Ya! 8)
TheBum
Novice

Post by TheBum »

I know the PowerPC version of HB handled my copy of Attack of the Clones just fine without first ripping the DVD to disk. Are you running on a PowerPC or Intel Mac? It seems that the Intel version of HB has more issues than the PowerPC version.