Is it possible Handbrake could encode a DVD as one video?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
knemonic

Is it possible Handbrake could encode a DVD as one video?

Post by knemonic »

Hey everyone,

Curious if anyone has been in this situation. I have some DVDs with lots of little extras that I would like to encode. Naturally, I could mpeg streamclip them into a FCP format, splice them all together for my Apple TV, but I was curious if Handbrake might be able to take all the Titles of the DVD and export them as one large video? It is quite cumbersome to do this with FCP since I have to encode them all in a native FCP editing format then re-export them as one video. I have 6 DVDs like this, which is kind of a pain.

I want the whole DVD of the Appendices of LOTR as one giant video, since sometimes I put them on in the background and let them play, but typically there are about 15-25 per DVD, some only 2-10 minutes long. Having them as one big video would be great.

If Handbrake could not do it, any suggestions on how?

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide!
Tim
thompson
Bright Spark User

Re: Is it possible Handbrake could encode a DVD as one video

Post by thompson »

Handbrake can't do this, you can try mkvmerge to accomplish it though.
knemonic

Post by knemonic »

Cool, I will give that a try, thanks!
knemonic

Post by knemonic »

thompson wrote:Handbrake can't do this, you can try mkvmerge to accomplish it though.
I had some issues with mkvmerge but through them found something that ended up working very nicely. It is a little older program, but it was able to combine all the vow files I wanted together and then I can use handbrake to convert the mpeg2 into the apple tv 2 preset. Worked out nice.

Program is called D-Vision

http://www.objectifmac.com/dvision.php

Just click the Télécharger (493689 clics) which is the download link and it works fine and is in english.