Saving to an ext hdd on another computer on network

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
turley97

Saving to an ext hdd on another computer on network

Post by turley97 »

I know it sounds odd, but I would like to specify my output directory to be an external hard drive that I have plugged into a mac mini that is also on my network. I need to be able to do this because I use the mini for HT purposes, and I can't have it encoding while watching an HD movie (it stutters). Therefore, I need to be able to do the encoding on my macbook via handbrake, but have it save to the external hard drive plugged into the mac mini. When I hit browse, it gives me only destination choices for the local hard drive, and I can't figure out what to put into the output directory to save it on the other computer. I know it's possible, because I have done it before, but I don't have the slightest clue how I did it, and now it's not under my recent destinations.

Thanks
thompson
Bright Spark User

Re: Saving to an ext hdd on another computer on network

Post by thompson »

If you click on "browse" you should see all of your attached drives on the lefthand side of the window. If you want to save to a drive on a different computer, you'll have to mount it first in Finder (Go > Connect to Server), then it'll appear.
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: Saving to an ext hdd on another computer on network

Post by TedJ »

Command-Shift-K will take you directly to the network browser from the save dialogue.